As an IT Recruitment Consultant I specialised in supplying development contractors to all industry sectors throughout the Midlands. I was responsible for managing the entire end to end recruitment process from requirement gathering to and closing pieces of business, dealing with clients such as Paul Smith and Nottinghamshire Police.
● Managing entire end to end recruitment process pulling, resourcing and closing pieces of business.
● Responsible for own specialist area placing IT development candidates in contract roles to all industry sectors throughout the Midlands.
● Competitive contract market is fast paced as clients act quickly to bring candidates on board.
● Managing expectations of clients and candidates, ensuring suitable match is made through accurate, clear and informed communication between both parties.
● Successfully filled range of vacancies from Back End Database Developers to Front End Graphic Designers.
● Progressed from trainee to fully fledged consultant with own portfolio of accounts, by successfully completing the following duties on a daily basis to meet target:
• Consistently pulling new business vacancies on a weekly basis through cold calling and canvassing companies to assess and identify recruitment requirements
• Write, send and respond to e-shots generating new business
• Sell benefits of firm to the client, sell client to candidate, sell candidate to client
• Margin/rate justification
• Handle objections from clients and candidates (i.e. PSLs rates, interview cancellations etc.)
• Build and maintain lasting relationships to secure repeat business
• Personal contact with senior level decision makers, intelligent conversations, gleaning important information for future reference
• Take job requirement gaining commitment and exclusivity for interview slots
• Negotiate / handle queries with regards to the companies terms and conditions
• Employ a number of methods to attract, source and secure the right candidate. Writing online job advertisements, database search, e-shots, networking, headhunting and through referrals
• Accurate, fast and controlled candidate qualification / interview / screen
• Candidate relationship management
• Preparing candidate for interview with detailed understanding of client, interview process and nature of the opportunity
• Provide CV, interview and career advice to candidates
• Manage interview process
• Gather feedback from candidate and client, managing expectations of both parties through to offer and candidates acceptance of role
• Manage job offer process, negotiating rates to close deal over the phone
• Lead generation
• Excellent market knowledge
• Initiative to prioritise daily activities
I have completed various training courses such as Enabling Change (Developing Your Patch & Recruiting Excellence) and Selling Success (Specialist Recruitment by Ian Knowlson).